Ready to upgrade your webcam? With the release of Logitech C922 Pro and Logitech C922X, which one should you buy? We’ll answer that question.
Logitech has been around for a long time and they know what they’re doing when it comes to webcams. The new Logitech C922 Pro is an amazing piece of hardware but some things about it may not be ideal for everyone so we will go over those in this article as well as the differences between the two models. If you don’t need all the features these cameras offer, then take a look at our review on the best webcams under $100 before making a purchase decision!
|Best Choice||Best Price|
|PRODUCT NAME||Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam 1080P Camera||Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam – Full 1080p HD Camera|
|action||[su_button background=”#f0c14b” color=”#260505″ center=”yes”]Button text[/su_button]||[su_button background=”#f0c14b” color=”#260505″ center=”yes”]Button text[/su_button]|
Logitech C922 Pro Features
The Logitech C922 Pro has a simple design with a single lens and two microphones on each side.
In addition to mounting it on your laptop screen, you can also place it on the miniature tripod stand included in the box.
The cable connection between the camera and PC is thin and rubberized. Unfortunately, it is not very durable.
There have been some upgrades compared to the previous C920 series.
Two of them have 720p output with 60 fps and automatic background removal. The low-light webcam performance is also admirable with clear images even when illuminated by the monitor alone.
In addition, C922 Pro achieves background removal through Personify ChromaCam. It is equipped with an excellent “Intelligent Shape Recognition” function to keep “the human” and eliminate everything else.
If you’re thinking of buying a webcam to produce content for websites like YouTube or Twitch, Logitech C922 Pro has you covered!
It’s not an out-of-this-world upgrade but, fortunately, it features many additional benefits at about the same price as previous models.
Logitech C922 Features
1080p high-definition streaming
- The glass lens and 1080p HD camera will record every detail for you, as well as save natural colours.
- In addition, 30 fps with a diagonal view ensures you full coverage.
- You don’t need to stick to the conventional clip-on style to use the webcam.
- Therefore, it comes with a free tripod mount that allows you to place it on the table as you like.
Stereo audio from all directions
- The Logitech C922 Pro webcam is equipped with 2 microphones.
- Both sides of the camera will capture audio so the final output is clear and natural.
Adjustable frames per second
30 fps is possible at 1080p resolution.
However, for more serious transmitters, fps can be increased to 60 with 720p HD output.
Logitech C922 Pro allows automatic background removal via Personify ChromaCam.
Therefore, the webcam will use its “Intelligent Shape Recognition” feature to identify the human being in front of the camera and eliminate everything else.
- Logitech C922 Pro is compatible with a variety of operating systems.
- In addition to working with Windows 7,8,10, it will also work perfectly with Mac OS, Android 5.0 and Chrome OS.
In addition, it is also compatible with XSplit and OBS.
Logitech C922X Pro Features
Logitec C922X Pro has a sleeker design compared to C922 Pro.
The lips of the bracket are also smaller so that the camera does not get in the way of the monitor screen.
Similar to the previous model, C922X can deliver 1080p at 30 fps and 720p at 60 fps.
There have been minor improvements to the webcam’s autofocus capability. It can now eliminate motion blur more effectively.
In addition, there is an automatic background replacement feature that allows you to choose what to show the audience.
The camera will also perform automatic fixes on the video when capturing in low light intensity.
In addition, a FREE XSplit license is included in the package.
However, the Logitech C922X does not support 4K, which shouldn’t be a big deal if your webcam usage is restricted to sites like YouTube.
Other than that, the product is great value for money. Plus, the 1080p resolution, dual microphone, and fantastic build are hard to find at a rock-bottom price.
All in all, this is a great webcam that can be used as an inexpensive alternative to other more expensive options.
Logitech C922X Features
- Very flexible placement
- The mount can be configured to suit your situation.
- The clips and rear hinge provide a strong grip even on curved surfaces.
- You can also move the camera vertically.
- This is useful when you want to make sure you are in the centre of the video.
Professional-quality video transmission
- Logitech C922X offers 1080p at 30 fps and 720p at 60 fps.
- It has been designed with professional webcam needs in mind.
- This product is perfect for gaming and entertainment sites like YouTube.
Full HD glass lens
- The advanced glass lens delivers sharp images even with fast movements.
- The lens also enables autofocus so you don’t have to waste time looking at the blurry screen.
Automatic light correction
- No need to worry about shooting in low light.
- The webcam’s automatic light correction feature will adjust the backlight to optimal levels.
Logitech C922X Pro comes with software that can efficiently replace the background leaving you alone in the picture.
This is a great addition when you are streaming on slower internet.
Surprise in the box!
To add an extra cherry on top, the package also contains a FREE 3-month XSplit license.
This can be used to learn some new tricks, for example, text overlays and how to achieve different sound levels with the webcam.
Logitech C922 vs C922X – Find a Verdict
Although the Logitech C922X is an upgrade, it looks like the brand didn’t make any changes.
However, the only additional advantages that come with the Logitech C922X Pro webcam is its Xsplit license and stronger hinged clip.
Other than that, Logitech C922 vs C922X are practically the same products. In fact, the newer one even lacks the tripod that most customers like.
Finally, we recommend our readers opt for Logitech C922 if flexible placement is an issue. However, since the price difference is negligible along with a similar list of features, you are safe with whatever choice you make.
Do you know of any more differences that we skipped over? We’d love it if you could contribute! Don’t forget to use the comments section provided below.